FODIAC – Food for Diabetes and Cognition, a scientific research project funded by the European Union, kicked-off at INL last April 13 with the presence of all the entities that form the consortium.
In the next four years, several organisations from Portugal, Spain, Italy, United Kingdom and Sweden will develop an integrative dietary solution to tackle type 2 diabetes and mitigate the cognitive dysfunction among the elderly population.
Funded by European Funds under the Marie Curie Actions, the project comprises a total of 15 academic and business partners:
– University of Minho;
– Universidade Católica Portuguesa;
– Universitá Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Milan, Italy);
– University of Reading (Reading, UK);
– Lunds Universitet (Lund, Sweden);
– CSIC – Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (Spain);
– SONAE, Anfaco, A&R House, Bioinicia, Casa Emma, Decorgel, DomusVi and Evra).
Lorenzo Pastrana, Head Department of Life Sciences at INL, describes the project as “a program that aims to help improve the quality of life of people over 60 years of age, who are often affected by various diseases, diabetes and cognitive dysfunctions among the most prevalent.“